What to do in Barcelona at Christmas?
The Hotel Florida Park ****, located in Santa Susanna, is only 1 hour from Barcelona, and what better than to provide a list of activities to know what to do in Barcelona being at Christmas time.
1. Walk through the Christmas markets
Strolling through the Christmas markets of Barcelona is a must to do.
There are currently 4 markets:
- Fira de Santa Llúcia: It is the oldest fair that revolves around the world of nativity scenes and Christmas traditions. Located in l’Avinguda of the Cathedral of Barcelona where it is filled with light, illusion and hope from November 25 to December 25.
- Fira de la Sagrada Familia: It consists of a hundred stops, distributed on the perimeter of Plaça de la Sagrada Familia, in front of the façade of the “Passió” of the emblematic Gaudí monument in Barcelona.
- Nadal al Port (Moll de la Fusta): It will have as its motto “Nadal al bon Port”. You will find the manger and the star of the East that will illuminate the water. On the ground there will be more than 85,000 LED lights that will make up spectacular lighting, such as the starry sky that will be represented.
- Christmas Market (Palace Hotel): With the beautiful lighting of the Christmas lights of the city, El Palace Barcelona, kicks off a lively agenda of activities and experiences to liven up this magical time of year.
2. Barcelona Christmas Tour
Are you one of those who do not feel like walking the streets of Barcelona? Hop on Barcelona’s Christmas hop-on hop-off bus in search of Christmas lights.
It has several very complete routes to know each of the beautiful lights of Barcelona at the most special time of the year, Christmas.
Celebrate Christmas with a night tour, guided live in Catalan, Spanish, English and French.
It is an event full of lights and joy that illuminate every corner of Barcelona.
Don’t miss Passeig de Gràcia, Sagrada Familia Basilica, Torre Glòries, Sant Antoni market and many others!
3. Les llums de Sant Pau
It is an essential free tour to do through the Modernist Enclosure of approximately 1 hour where you can enjoy the magic that Christmas brings.
This year with a new show that will surprise both young and old. You can’t miss it!
Open from November 22 to January 15 from 6pm to 10.30pm, the Sant Pau Art Nouveau Site will become the universe of light, a magical space full of spectacular lights and colours.
4. Santa Claus Parade in Trinitat Vella
This year, the Santa Claus parade returns in the neighborhood of Trinitat Vella.
It will take place on December 23 at 6:00 p.m. and will depart from the Plaza de Trinitat Vella.
Another essential that you can not miss!
5. The Three Kings Parade
It is a magical parade, full of illusion for everyone. You have to live it and feel it at least once in your life.
It is a 3-hour tour that starts at 18:00 in the Parc de la Ciutadella and runs through several streets to the Fonts de Montjuic.
The Three Kings arrive in Barcelona by boat, around 4:30 p.m. we can find them in the Moll de la Fusta. There they make a small speech addressed to all children.
It is a unique moment.